Age of Miniatures is looking for one or more writers and helpers for the website. Right now we are looking for:
- A writer focusing on 40k content. The content you will write will be focused on new players getting into 40k. A good portion of those will be Army Guides for each faction in 40k. Some work will also be about updating content that gets outdated by rules changes.
- A writer focusing on 3D printing content
- A writer focusing on Miniature Painting and the Hobby side of miniatures
- A writer focusing on Roleplay and Dungeons and Dragons
- A writer focusing on Board Games
If you are the kind of person that can cover multiple topics, that is great. Right now we are mainly looking for a person to cover 40K, but the other topics are also interesting.
We are also looking for a Virtual assistant that can help with various tasks
How it works to be a writer for Age of Miniatures
You are given a headline and a topic for the article. Sometimes there will be a framework of similar articles you have to draw upon. You are given the freedom to research and write the article.
Each article will have a rough number of words it should end on being. When you have finished writing the article, I look it over and edit it. After that, I will publish it on the website (with your name or credit on it if you want).
The payment will start out at $20 per 1000 words (or 2 cents per word). Tasks that does not involve writing new content, we pay an hourly rate for.
As you gain experience writing articles you will get more flexibility in choosing your own topics and outlining and writing articles as you like. Ideally, you can write 4 articles at about 2000-2500 words a month. If you can write more there is definitely room for that.
What I am looking for in writers
- We are not looking to hire full-time employees. You are paid for the articles you write as a freelancer.
- You do not have to be a professional writer, but if you have a firm grasp of correct English spelling, grammar, and punctuation that is a big plus.
- The most important thing is that you should know a lot about your hobby and that you have the urge to write about it. We want passion in our writers!
- Preferably we want people who can commit to writing 2-4 2,500-word articles per month and do the research that goes into that.
- If you have experience in writing content for the web, that is a big plus.
How to apply
Send an email at email@example.com where you tell me:
- A bit about yourself and your hobby
- What topics interest you and what you would like to write about
- What your experience is with writing for the web
We will answer back and we will agree on a sample article you can write for me. After that, we can agree on a bigger batch of articles for you to write.
You will get paid for all published content (also the sample/test article).
We are looking forward to hearing from you!